Who is more attractive?

Sunday 22 August 2010

(40 days and counting to wedding no 5) Red tutu and fishnet tights DONE

So I've finally bought the red tutu and fishnet tights for Faye's hen do in Amsterdam next week.

Having looked at myself in the mirror sporting such questionable attire for me, I have only one thing to say: only for you Mrs Dabek-to-be! Who am I kidding? I can't pull this look off. In fact when the pictures surface, I'm sure everyone and their Grandmother will agree that the likes of Ditta Von Teese has nothing to worry about for I shall not be claiming their title in this lifetime!

So why put myself through this? Quite simply, real love is all about putting the other person first and making them completely happy no matter what - even if it means going through the streets of Amsterdam looking utterly ridiculous! By this measure, Mrs D I hope you feel the love. For laughter and for silence, for diginified to drunken debauchery, in sober and in projectile vomiting, till when the fun ends do we part.

The fishnets was easy to find (Primark, £1 - you can't go wrong). The search for the tutu however... the majority I saw were just too short. Now I'm all for stepping out of my comfort zone and doing something crazy for one night only despite what others think but I draw the line at anything that does not cover my rump.

Thankfully two hours later, an American Retro costume store came to my rescue. They had one red KNEE LENGTH tutu left. OK so £16 is extortionate for something that I most definitely will never wear again but knowing that I will not be spending the night being extremely self-conscious, it's a worthwhile investment.

By the way FYI, I will be wearing shorts underneath because as brave as I am, I know my limits.

Bring on Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment