Who is more attractive?

Wednesday 11 August 2010

5 Weddings, 1 neglected Crompton Gang

At some point in September I will FINALLY be heading back to Derby to see the Crompton Gang who I have seriously neglected this year. I've honestly lost count on the number of times I turned down nights out, birthdays, house party and BBQs.

Since leaving Derby just over a year ago I have been back to see the Gang, Amy particularly, less than five times. March 6 was the last time to be exact. That's almost six months ago. The shame and the horror! I definitely deserve to give myself a hard time because I was the one who vowed to go back once a month to catch up with everyone.

I made the promise but I was unable to foresake the all other that is real life and its schedules. Committing myself this year to five weddings and everything in between meant prioritising my time and budgeting. I still feel awful in having had to turn down a girls holiday with Amy and Shelley as well as accept an invite to Crompton House Party no 4, getting people excited of my arrival, and then having to change the RSVP to 'Not Attending' because I got the month mixed up!

Don't get me wrong. I do not for one second regret saying yes to 5 weddings in 1 year. It's just in an ideal world I'd be in two places at once with all the money in the world to do everything and see everyone I want. But this is real life so I have to make the time and effort.

Ideally I'd spend September sleeping, eating junk food and watching awful romcoms. I'd never leave the house or brush my hair. OK maybe I'd scrub up for one guaranteed crazy reunion weekend in Derby... bring it on! Six months of gossip awaits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment