Who is more attractive?

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Getting ready for a gay-turned-straight wedding!

This Saturday is Natalie’s wedding. Now this is the one wedding where I could not turn down because I have to, need to, must be there to witness the moment the vicar says: “I know pronounce you man and wife.”

Why? Simply because Natalie, Queen Nat, leader of the Gays, used to be a lesbian.

That’s right – a lesbian.

I met Nat at university where through sheer coincidence her and my high school friend Andy (who is the maid of honour!) were also best of friends.

From day one Nat was this in your face, confident, bold, loud, love to dance, fabulously wonderful straight up lesbian.

She’s the type of person who can bring out the best in anyone around her and one comment from her can set me off laughing until it is just too painful to breathe.

To me she will always be the first person to label me The Fag Hag, owed greatly to my many gay friends (for the record, she introduced most of them to me)!

Simply put, Nat is the kind of friend that every man or woman should have in their life.

Nat is also someone who continues to shock and leave even her closest of friends speechless.

That was exactly my reaction in the New Year when I received the “I’M ENGAGED” text.

At first I thought she was having a laugh.

However Nat reassured me that she is indeed very much engaged to her Matt whom she met at their local church and eventually realising that he is The One.

Imagine loving someone so much that you are prepared to not only give your heart, soul, future and life for them but to actually change your sexuality. I can’t so kudos to Nat.

Love in this case definitely works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment