Who is more attractive?

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Pants to control those wobbly bits

One very important key piece to my bridesmaid outfit that I only just remembered to buy is suitable underwear. It literally came to me on the bus to work. What is missing? Dress – check. Shoes – check. Handbag – buy when I get there as styles seen so far are either too tacky, too small or not the right colour. (I know, chances are that the one I get from Las Vegas will be a combination of all three.) Camera – check.

Then it hit me. Eish! I need some control under my dress to not only hide those wobbly bits but also to preserve my dignity – in other words not accidentally flashing to both Chris and Faye’s parents and God forbid, the Reverend!

Today’s 45 minute lunch was spent in Marks and Spencers ooming and ahhing over slips and control pants. I needed something that will blend in with my cream dress. Anything too white or too black would show up against my cream dress. Then came the skin coloured figure-hugging slip to the rescue. Now it is quite possibly the least attractive garment ever made. Imagine stretching another person’s skin across your body. But ugly or not, it does the trick.

Gok Wan has been championing these control garment for years and I finally understand why. They really do smooth out those bumps on the waistline and stomach area. Getting into them is a chore unto itself. I definitely spared a thought for Bridget Jones who in the second film required the help of the shop assistant to get those pants over her thighs! For me the ultimate test was whether I could sit down in them and feel comfortable. There is nothing worse than buying any form of control underwear but only to find that when you sit down you feel those excess wobbly bits rolling up towards your chest!

So now that the dress is complete I just need to break into my ridiculously high shoes and pray that I make it up the aisle in one piece. Because make no mistake, even though all eyes will be on the bride, I fall over or display a wardrobe malfunction, then it will be something that I will not live down for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment