Who is more attractive?

Monday 6 September 2010

To stay or not to stay at the Bellagio? That is the $189 question

So far I have booked the accommodation for five out of the six nights I'll be in Las Vegas. I'm now weighing up the pros and cons to paying $189 for the third night at the one and only Bellagio.

The first two nights I'm in Vegas I will be at the Motel 6. I figured that seeing as I'll be on my own why not stay somewhere cheap and cheerful and meet some random people. For the final three nights I'm booked at the Hard Rock because for $45 a night, I'd be a damn fool not to take up the bargain.

So that leaves me with the Sunday night, the third night. I narrowed down my choices to either: Bellagio, Venetian, Stratosphere or MGM Grand. No thanks to the Ocean's Trilogy, the Bellagio won. Then again I'm sure I have always been leaning towards this hotel from the beginning!

But one night at the Bellagio, plus tax, will cost me $225. That's around £135.

The sensible me is saying don't do it. It's too much money and besides how many hours are actually spent in a hotel room? The third night is when Faye, Chris and the whole gang arrive and apparently we're having dinner at Caesar's Palace which will no doubt turn into a full on night out. So I won't actually get to spend time at the Bellagio. $189 guarantees me a good night sleep.

But the devil in me is saying: DO IT! DO IT!! DO IIITTTTTTTTTTT!!! When in Vegas right? What better way to witness the magestic Bellagio fountains than from my own hotel room? Or how about after two nights of 'roughing' it at a motel, why not treat myself like there's no tomorrow with eight hundred different pillows, a king size bed and, get this, a jacuzzi shower?

If I had a job and earning money I probably would not be in this predicament. But now more than ever I am learning the value of money and how proper saving can prevent continuous worrying in how to pay the next bills. Whatever decision I make - and I will make one by the end of this week - it will be one where I will have asked myself whether paying this much for essentially a bed will leave me with many countless sleepless nights?

No comments:

Post a Comment