Who is more attractive?

Sunday 19 September 2010

A weekend of no weddings or hen dos: just pizza, cocktails and dancing

I finally reunited with the Derby Gang last Friday for a night of pizza, cocktails and dancing. It was both necessary and relaxing to go back to the East Midlands and have a weekend unrelated to weddings.

During my catch up with the dear friends, it really dawned on me how much everyone has noticed my seven month hiatus. Naturally the first question asked was "So how have all your weddings been?" I also felt bad when Amy admitted that it got annoying and disappointing for the group when I constantly had to turn down invitations for dinners, parties and hang outs because the dates clashed with my busy schedule. Obviously it's not my fault that by sheer coincidence the weddings are so close to each other. But, like I've said before, in an ideal world I can be in all places at once and still have me time to sit back, reflect and write it all up.

Admittedly, even though I wasn't physically at a wedding that weekend, I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it. Being near four couples it's hard not to look at them and wonder. Well after a night of observing, I can safely bet I know who will be the first to get engaged. Hello?! Obviously it's going to be............. On second thought it's wise not to reveal my prediction.

I don't want to be the reason why this couple breaks up because one turns out to be a marriage-phobe or I've somehow created a lot of unnecessary pressure for the guy to produce a ring.

In all honesty, it doesn't matter who out of the four gets married first. I would be just as equally happy for any of them if I were to receive a WE'RE ENGAGED text tonight. However the line has been drawn: if the big day is in 2010, I'm not going!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing great information about hen party, if any body wants to know more information about hen party, hen weekend, hen night then please visit: hen parties

    ReplyDelete